Jane Kraft, MSW, RSW, Psychotherapist in Guelph & Online
About Jane Kraft
- Anger Management
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Childhood Trauma
- Chronic Illness
- Coping Skills
- COVID-Era Challenges
- Developmental Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Intellectual Disability
- Issues Impacting Women
- Issues Impacting Men
- Learning Disabilities
- Life Transitions
- Peer Relationships
- Pregnancy and Prenatal Issues
- Postpartum Depression
- Relationship Issues
- Schooling Issues
- With a Master of Arts in Child Study and Education (MA) and a Master of Social Work (MSW) I have worked as a registered Social Worker for 3 years now and am experienced in both in-person and online therapy. I began my career in the health care field and moved to working in addictions, gambling and mental health. As a psychotherapist in private practice, I focus on issues impacting women, issues impacting men, postpartum issues, and couples, family, and grief and bereavement counselling. I am also part of a consultation group on gender, identity and sexuality.
Early learning throughout our childhood can greatly impact how we manage later in life. It can impact how we see ourselves, how we see others, the world and the choices we make. However, the depth of this impact is not always so obvious. It is through deep reflection that we can learn perhaps why we manage the way we do.
As such, I believe we all have many stories to tell. Each story being unique,meaningful and worth telling. It is through this process of telling these stories that we begin to heal wounds and find ourselves again. The many stories of my life led me through loss, grief, stress and pain but also joy, connection, meaning and love.
First and foremost I work from a person centred approach and incorporate narrative therapy, mindfulness and brief solution focused therapy. Telling our stories of grief, pain, love and triumph can release the grip they may have on us or build us up as we so deserve. I also utilize aspects of cognitive behavioural therapy throughout my sessions as our thought processes can strongly impact our story writing and how we interpret ours and other’s stories.
Your mental health matters and you are the author of your present and future stories. Through our sessions, I hope we can work together to discover your stories, help you build new, positive ones and prepare you to think, act and feel more adept in the face of difficult stories.
I will be expanding my practice into working with couples and families as well as focusing on grief and bereavement.
- Master of Arts in Child Study and Education
- Master of Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & Family and Child Studies
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Registered with the Ontario Association of Social Workers
- Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
- Community Reinforcement and Family Training for individuals and couples with addiction issues
- Introduction to Problem Gambling
- Grief and Bereavement Counselling
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy