Delaney Hughes, MA, Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
About Delaney Hughes
MA, Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying)
Hello, my name is Delaney Hughes. I am a Psychotherapist who loves working with people of all ages, including adults (of course) and youth. I believe in tailoring our therapeutic process to your unique needs and goals. My approach to therapy focuses on helping you become comfortable and confident in your own abilities, while introducing new strategies from evidence-based modalities to help you create a healthier and happier life. I use a variety of humanistic, cognitive-behavioural, dialectical, psychodynamic and mindfulness approaches.
My background includes working with individuals who have struggled with a wide range of challenges, including depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, borderline personality disorder, self-esteem, relationships, body image, anger, stress, guilt, shame, and more.
I work on an underlying foundation of trust, honesty and compassion, and provide a supportive environment that facilitates growth and healing. I practice through a lens of lived experience with trauma and mental illness. I understand how dark and frightening the difficult times can be, but I also know that it is possible to emerge a stronger, more resilient person.
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Gender Studies, Queen’s University, Kingston
- Dean’s Honour List 2015-2019 (each year of attendance).
- Recipient of the Dean’s Admission Scholarship for Bachelor of Arts and Science (Honours).
- Nominated by Queen’s University to complete an exchange at the University of Western Australia.
- Graduated with a 4.0 GPA