Learn how to life and support yourself with Pain
Have you suffered a workplace accident that has changed everything?
Have you been diagnosed with a chronic condition and are finding it hard to cope?
Do you feel like you’re losing yourself in your pain and want to find your way back?
Pain (chronic or acute). It has a way of interrupting our lives, robbing us of our manners and politeness, and changing the pattern of our everyday lives in really dramatic ways.
As well as a physical issue, pain management is a hugely psychological phenomena as it can change the very fabric of our personalities, needs, wants, and chosen leisure activities.
Also, all of this can change very suddenly, for example after a car accident or a painful fall, leaving us scrambling to figure out how to take care of ourselves and manage our families, jobs, and responsibilities at the same time.
We work with people experiencing acute or chronic pain conditions to help them optimize their day to day experiences, remove obstacles in their way, and create routines and new ways of thinking that supports their healing or condition management.
And several of our practitioners have been there, with their own pain conditions that have often led to huge changes and adaptation in their own lives.
How do we do that?
We use a variety of approaches to work with people struggling with pain such as…
- Using Mindfulness and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy based interventions to manage discomfort
- Support you in advocating with health professionals as we know pain is not a issue to be dismissed
- Helping you access community supports and funding
- Exploring options with you about career changes,
- Being a listening ear when perhaps loved ones aren’t able to easily relate or understand what you’re going through