We are located in Guelph and online throughout Ontario, Canada.
About Jane Kraft
With a Master of Arts in Child Study and Education (MA) and a Master of Social Work (MSW) I have worked as a registered Social Worker for 3 years now and am experienced in both in person and online therapy. I began my career in the health care field and moved to working in addictions, gambling and mental health. As a psychotherapist in private practice, I will be focusing on mental well being for men, women’s mental health particularly postpartum, couples, families and grief and bereavement. I am also part of a consultation group on gender, identity and sexuality.
Early learning throughout our childhood can greatly impact how we manage later in life. It can impact how we see ourselves, how we see others, the world and the choices we make. However, the depth of this impact is not always so obvious. It is through deep reflection that we can learn perhaps why we manage the way we do.
As such, I believe we all have many stories to tell. Each story being unique,meaningful and worth telling. It is through this process of telling these stories that we begin to heal wounds and find ourselves again. The many stories of my life led me through loss, grief, stress and pain but also joy, connection, meaning and love.
First and foremost I work from a person centred approach and incorporate narrative therapy, mindfulness and brief solution focused therapy. Telling our stories of grief, pain, love and triumph can release the grip they may have on us or build us up as we so deserve. I also utilize aspects of cognitive behavioural therapy throughout my sessions as our thought processes can strongly impact our story writing and how we interpret ours and other’s stories.
Your mental health matters and you are the author of your present and future stories. Through our sessions, I hope we can work together to discover your stories, help you build new, positive ones and prepare you to think, act and feel more adept in the face of difficult stories.
I will be expanding my practice into working with couples and families as well as focusing on grief and bereavement.
- Master of Arts in Child Study and Education
- Master of Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology & Family and Child Studies
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Registered with the Ontario Association of Social Workers
- Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers
- Community Reinforcement and Family Training for individuals and couples with addiction issues
- Introduction to Problem Gambling
- Grief and Bereavement Counselling
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
About Tristan Price
As a psychotherapist with 9 years of experience, I have grown to know that I have a passion for witnessing clients discover the values they cherish, and utilize those to achieve their goals. I know that people flourish in therapy and counselling when they have a good relationship with their therapist. I am devoted to creating and maintaining a safe, non-judgemental, calm, and sensitive therapeutic space in which you will receive appropriate support.
I am a registered psychotherapist and a registered marriage and family therapist who has worked in a variety of settings offering specialized support to individuals confronting unique circumstances. I utilize an integrative therapeutic approach drawing from multiple disciplines and modalities to offer clients a service tailored to each person or relationship.
I look forward to working with you.
- University of Guelph, Master of Science in Family Relations and Human Development (Couple and Family Therapy)
- University of Western Ontario, London, Bachelor of Arts Honours Program (major in Sociology, minor in Psychology)
Certificates / Professional Affiliations
- Canadian Association of Marriage and Family Therapy – Registered Marriage and Family Therapist
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario – Registered Psychotherapist (RP)
- Advanced Brief and Narrative Therapy Certificate with the Windz Institute
- Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behaviour (PMAB) Certificate
- Child and Youth Mental Health Assessment (ChYMH) by interRAI certification
- Family Connections Leader Training Program with Alan E. Fruzzetti Ph.D.
- John Howard Society’s Restorative Justice Skills and Process Training certificate
About Shane Smyth
I am a registered psychotherapist specializing in individual, couples and family therapy and the owner/clinical director of Spacious Mind Counselling. I am trained and experienced in the delivery of online therapy for the past ten years.
I believe you are the expert in your life and even though you may not know it, you have all the answers within you. Unfortunately sometimes life can make accessing these answers difficult. Trauma, mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, addiction, work, family and relationship pressures can all impact our ability to connect to peace and happiness.
I have found through personal experience that talking to a trained professional in psychotherapy who is kind, caring, non judgmental and emotionally attuned can support the process of being able to listen to ourselves and work towards living a life that is free of suffering. I am passionate about providing quality therapy to people I work with.
I was born in Ireland and qualified initially as a mechanical engineer. I became interested in psychotherapy through personal growth and engagement in my own journey. It was following a significant crisis due to overworking, anxiety and low self esteem that I decided to engage in personal therapy 15 years ago. I benefited so much from therapy that I decided to study it formally. This led me to gaining a masters in community work with an honours bachelors degree in psychotherapy and becoming a registered psychotherapist.
I moved to Canada in 2014 and have been lucky enough to study with leaders in the field of psychotherapy. I have found therapy helpful in my own life to manage symptoms of depression, compulsive behaviours and anxiety which has led to increased happiness, less reactive habits and improved personal relationships. I am grateful to be able to teach these skills to the people I work with.
I have worked in the areas of mental health and family services for over ten years. I have trained internationally in several areas of humanistic and integrative psychotherapy including dialectic behavior therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, narrative therapy, emotionally focused therapy, motivational interviewing, family systems therapy, couples therapy and gestalt therapy. The type of therapy that was a significant game changer for me however was MiCBT. Although it required more personal work, it reaped greater peace and calmness of mind than other modalities and is now part of my daily routine and greatly informs my work.
- Master of Arts in Youth and Community Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychotherapy
License, Certifications & Awards
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario(CRPO).
- Dialectic Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Emotion Focused Therapy for individuals (EFT)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples
- Emotion Focused Trauma Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Narrative Therapy
- Sex therapy intensive University of Guelph
- MiCBT foundation and applied program.